How to spot a fake signed / autographed BTS album pt.2

, , 31 comments


Hello!
Some of you may be confused why a second part exist and why I cannot simply mash everything into one article, but due to the amount of pictures, loading as become very slow, and editing has become a bit trickier because there are so many things that make my computer become slow! Not only that, but I believe that many of you perhaps would face issues loading the images if you have a slow internet, so for the sake of you and me this will be split in two, and perhaps in other parts in the years to come. This way I can also provide more examples (whether it's older or newer albums) as well as BTS picture proofs with the signed items in question! (at this point BTS must think I am a stalker searching anything related to them and their signed album but no it was pure luck whenever I found stuff related to it :p)

Please do not forget to check out part 1 and "how to spot a fake signed kpop album", this guide is not complete without the other two articles.


Part 1 contains 1st explanation + albums from 2 COOL 4 SKOOL until HYYH pt.1.

Also little joke to myself, part 2 I guess will be signed albums I won't collect, too pricey for me ;~; Although I won't collect, I still like admiring these signed albums *A* maybe one day if the prices go down.....

Little reminder of part 1:
The signature order IS and IS ALWAYS:
Top left: Jin ; Top center: Rapmonster ; Top right: Suga ; Middle left: V ; Middle right: Jimin ; Bottom left: J-Hope ; Bottom right : Jungkook.
ALWAYS THAT ORDER.


YOUNG FOREVER


Now onto the "special" album that closes the serie HYYH!
Sadly I do not own any of those signed Young Forever ): The price is above 150$ shipped and I do not wish to spend that much for an album  ;____; I'd feel way too bad about it! /dies/
Well some of you out there, who have the $$$$$, this will be useful to you!




Let's analyze:

1. The signatures are all over the place, this is a first hint that this is a big NO. BTS will never sign like that all over the place, NEVER. The signatures look nothing like their usual ones, and the pen pressure is the same = signed by the same person.

2. Here I compiled two albums which were signed by "one signature", so one album had V's signature and the other one had Jungkook. There are no albums during this era signed by one member only, as there were no mwave or anything of the genre. So if the album was signed on the cover it must be signed by all members. The signature looks very off as well.

3. It exists signed posters thanks to the KBS contest, but this is certainly not one of them! The signature of V here is the one V signed on the photocard, however V only signed his special signature on the photocard of Young Forever, however for the rest of the promotions he used his usual signature. So the fact that the scammer tried to copy the signatures of the photocards.... big giveaway, because they usually don't really signed the same way as the photocard's signature. Same pen pressure, and signatures look off. Looks signed  by same person.

4. The signatures are way too small, and the pen pressure looks the same. Seems like it was signed by a girl who took her time to sign carefully.

5. Signatures are sooooo ugly, same pen pressure, and the pen looks may too thick and dark. The signatures are not well positioned and are too different.




Let's go:
1. Same as the n.1 of day version, it was signed by the same seller. Signatures are all over the place and not well located. Normally J-Hope's signature doesn't have the "hope" readable, it is eliminated nowadays.
2. Same as n.3 of the day version, it was signed by the same seller. No poster signing with gold pen. And a chinese seller = 99.9% is fake.
3. The signatures are way too big, badly aligned, and too different from the right ones. "BTS" is usually no longer added onto their signatures, as their signature as been simplified with time. The fact is the scammer tried to copy their old signature, which ends up looking very odd.
4. The signatures are too small, and look signed by the same person, perhaps a girl who took her time to sign carefully, but then signatures look different as well from the right ones. Although the location is correct, which shows the person did make an effort to copy, they are way too neat, and don't look like BTS's normal ones.


Bonus: V signing the album and giving it to Minjae


Bonus: BTS showing off the several signed Young Forever albums + poster for KBS




Wings

Sadly it seems that as time passes, grabbing a genuine signed album is trickier due to less signed genuine albums circulating around. I myself have given up on collecting signed albums ever since Young Forever since the prices skyrocketed (downsides of having your faves being too popular) but regardless will continue on admiring from my computer's screen those signed albums and share my advices to the community. (Psssst Big Hit if you happen to read my article, could you donate to me the signed BTS albums of Young Forever and Wings? /dies/ *being very shameless*)

Alright so let's start! Sadly due to limited resources, I was obliged to take a lot of the genuine pictures from a certain seller (hand *cough* doll *cough* maker) as it seems apart from that seller nobody seems to have this signed album! (I didn't manage to find people like pdogg who could have received the album as a gift - hopefully more will be circulating in the future and I will edit this article)

Albums were either signed in white or black pen.




Let's go onto the analysis, WINGS had plenty of fake signed!:

1. The signatures are just all over the place, you can be sure something is wrong, BTS has never signed all over the place, even when they are tired they keep their same spot. The signatures look nothing like theirs.

2. Although it is hard to grasp really the state of the signatures, just from the first look you can see something is wrong: the signatures are signed on the pages, however this is something that only happens during fansigns. And during fansigns, you need it to be signed to the person's name. Hence regardless of the signature, it cannot be genuine.

3. The product was displayed showing several pages signed and I just gathered them together. The signatures look all signed by the same person: same hand pressure. The signatures look way too different from the ones of the back of their photocard or from the ones I displayed as genuine on the right.

4. The WINGS albums were never signed on the back. Members have a specific assigned spot and it was not respected here. The pen pressure is the same, which strongly hints that this was signed by the same person. The signatures don't match the ones on the real albums and are hardly recognizable.

5. Same as above.

6. Same as above.

7. Here the signatures were signed inside the booklet, first hint that is not genuine as the signatures are on the front cover. Signatures look too detailed, as if the scammer wanted to copy their debut signatures (and he was pretty bad at it). Same pen pressure, surely signed by the same person.

8. The signatures were signed in gold color, as of now none have been signed in any other color than white or black, so any color signed in another color will raise suspicions. The signatures they copied were ones of the debut album, however within the past 3-4 years, BTS's signatures have drastically changed to become much more simplified and not as detailed. Position of jungkook's signature as well is too deviated from its original spot, it should be more towards the bottom right corner.

9. The signatures are way too big and have covered almost all of the album cover. They are scribbled that they have lost all of the original signatures look.

11. The scammer tried to copy BTS's debut signatures, so it looks very weird here. All of the details such as "BTS" or parts of BTS' stage name has been added, but they look so unnatural that the result is very awkward. Pen pressure is the same, which shows it has been signed by the same person. Furthermore signature location has not been respected (J-hope would never sign in the bottom middle).

12. Signatures have been not badly imitated, however the signature lacks several aspects. Jimin's signature is way too squished looking vertically, it has lost its vertical dimension. Suga's signature is located too low, and is looking very awkward and doesn't look curved and swift as usual.

Hopefully (well not really hopefully because it's bad to see so many fakes circulating around) I will be able to manage to find more examples to show more variations.
 

Bonus: Suga showing on Mnet a signed album during the fanmeet.



WINGS: YOU NEVER WALK ALONE YNWA

YES I JUST RIGHT INTO THIS NEW ERA. Well it seems like Big Hit likes to follow SM's steps (SM's tactic for its older groups of course) going like that, releasing an album and then afterwards a repackage (well I shouldn't be complaining too much, like that at least BTS still continues to have its two comebacks per year although it's less songs per year ;~;).



Onto the repackage album:

1. Although BTS's signatures have become much more simplified and messier that they used to be, they continue nevertheless to sign in their specific spots. Jungkook's spot is too far from his usual bottom right corner, the signatures also look bigger than usual. The pen pressure looks the same for everyone's signature, and seems done by the same person. Jimin's one looks the most different from his usual if you compare.

2. Here the signatures seem more all over the place and don't respect their designed places. The signatures look nothing from the usual way they look. Jhope's current simplified signature doesn't even have the 'hope' anymore. The rest are simply unrognizable.

3. This is a typical fake "fansign" album that many chinese sellers try to sell. With a signature on one of each pages, which is impossible before they cannot just sign the pages and not sign "To: PERSON NAME". Please read my other articles about that.

4. Actually fourth example is the same as 1st, I didn't see that and will try to edit that soon.



Onto the mint version:

1. The signatures seem way too simplified, and pen pressure looks obviously the same for every signatures. It is signed by the same person. The signatures also don't fully respect their assigned spot, they are too near the center.

2. The signatures are all over the place and do not respect the assigned spot. Signature differ way too much from the real one and it is almost impossible to recognize who is who.




Here is Hobie holding a YNWA signed album during the BTS Mnet fanmeet








Check out the third part with the newer albums: LINK HERE PART THREE
 


So there you go, I have tried to analyze BTS's signatures. This just shows that there's too many scammers out there and we need to be cautious. This took quite some time to write, so I would appreciate if you would not plagiarize this out of respect ♥ All pictures were taken from various platforms, I do not own the pictures apart from a few that come from my collection. Otherwise they belong to their rightful owners. I will surely update this article if there's any new informations, if you feel like some of the stuff I wrote are wrong, and for future comebacks, as I am sure the boys' signature will continue to evolve! I hope this will help out some fellow ARMYs ~

PLEASE CHECK OUT ALL OF MY ARTICLES BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR EMAILING ME. THE ANSWER IS PERHAPS IN ONE OF THEM. I will not answer any comments asking the legitimacy of a signed album! All comments related to "Is this legit????" are going to be deleted. Thank you for understanding!


Check out the "Is this genuine request" article if you wish me to analyze your BTS album. Click here


Feel free to comment, it is always nice to know that this article was of some use and that I didn't waste my time writing this for nothing (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧
Show Comments:

31 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw a seller selling BTS albums the autographed aliexpress ... but I do not know if it's true? Can you analyze for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I want to buy there too but I don't trust there signed albums.

      Delete
    2. Hi, please read this http://cafarnaumbox.blogspot.com/2016/02/list-of-sellers-selling-genuine-signed.html

      Delete
  2. Thank you for putting together these articles! You put so much effort into making them complete and easy to understand! I feel foolish for being so naive when shopping online (ahh, im too trusting OTL ). Luckily, I never ended up making a false purchase. How did you learn all these techniques? Are you studying forensics for forgeries? o.o Telling fakes from real albums is like a science! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for your comment! It always brightens my day to read nice comments :) Nope I am a student in the medical field, I guess I was just raised to be careful, it's like bags with a brand, there are fake bags of famous luxury brands, so it's normal that anything that can make someone earn money can be forged! It took me two weeks to get my eyes trained haha

      Delete
  3. My previous comment didn't send ㅠㅠ but I just wanted to let you know that I've read your article numerous times and today I've finally managed to get myself a signed album! >.< Thank you so much for writing this... all the armys all over the world really appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi~ I emailed you a week ago on the 23rd but did not receive any indication if it was received or not, so I was wondering if you could perhaps check if my email sent through please? Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I wanted to ask for your help.

    http://imgur.com/a/KqJmT

    Is this legit? According to your guide it looks like it is but I consider you the expert ;; I hope you can help me. Thanks for all your hard work in creating this guide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thank you so much for posting this! Though i was out and about looking to see if my signed 4r photo is authentic or not (still as clueless as a jellyfish ;-;),this is really interesting to know!Do fans dedicate their time to learn all their signatures to do this? o.o Thankiew again ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your explanation ��
    I want to ask, is it true bts doing poster autograph at wings and YNWA era? Because there is a seller that sell them and hyyh poster signed ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i just bought a signed album for 150 with their signature on each page... Why is it impossible for that to happen? Only tae wrote my name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was from a fansign? I have the same problem and i'm concerned ;;

      Delete
    2. BTS members only sign inside the album if it's a fansign, and ALL members must write the receiver's name. If only one member wrote the name or if there's no name at all, sorry, it's fake.

      Delete
  9. My parent bought the Love Yourself Album for my birthday. But after doing some research I realized mine is a fake one ;( Because the signs are not at the front as usual... They are inside of the photo book. And the signatures look so different! I also have this little photo card from version E, even though I have version L... My parents will be really mad when I tell them. They told me that it cost very much :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's most likely fake then. BTS never signs inside the photobook unless it's a fansign. And if it /is/ a fansign album then the signatures always have the name of the person attending the fansign (ex: To: Anna /signature/). If it's just the signature with no name, it's fake sorry.

      Delete
  10. hi! recently,a friend of mine gave me a signed ly:her. i was not really aware of what does a real signed album looks like so i found this and now im doubting whether this is legit. it was signed on the cover of photobook and not on the outbox.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please try checking this out T.T https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KExp-KDV8vZ_hACVNebKkz60tFq75Pm0

      Delete
    2. That's more than 100% fake. Sorry about it.

      Delete
  11. Hi, I'm really new to BTS signed Album Love Yourself Tear so today I orderd this rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223052555509
    Can you please check this one for me..
    Because it's so cheap I'm worried that this Album is really fake..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I dont know if you're even still active on here but if you get this is there anyway you could authenticate an album for me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. so basically the pen pressure is an important indicator that its fake right?
    Btw, thank you for all these posts. Wanted to buy some from these chinese websites, but their probably fake HAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Do you know the kpop eBay seller called kr-monster? Do you think their photocards are genuine? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I was looking for a present, I don't believe this is real but could you tell me? Thanks

    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/6bsAAOSwqbVbQX4A/s-l400.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very informative post. Thank you for taking the time to research and help educate others so that they can be careful making this kind of purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Howdy would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to be able to find good advice from your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask. Does running a well-established blog such as yours take a massive amount work? I am completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi! do all signed albums have a sticker on the back? what happens if it doesnt?

    ReplyDelete